The ability to pass an examination is indeed a valuable quality. It shows that the student is able to express his thought and ideas to a manner others can understand. It also shows that the student has acquired a certain amount of knowledge in some branches of study. A student's success in an examination, therefore, helps employers and others to assess his mental or general ability. The Controller Examination at The University of Poonch is motivated to boost the standard of examination system to access the abilities of the students in a better way. The office of the Controller Examination has following responsibilities:
- To conduct and monitor the departmental examination with the help of departmental examination committee
- To conduct oral and written Comprehensive Examination for Ph.D. scholars.
- Keeping record of the stationary and other examination material.
- To prevent unfair means cases during examination.
- Calculation of Grade Points/Letter Grade/Cumulative Grade Point Average.
- To address student complaints/appeals regarding grade awards.
- The controller of examinations is responsible to issue the computerized result cards (Detail Marks Sheet) at the end of each semester.
- The controller of examinations is responsible to issue the distinction certificates and award of degree.