Livestock and poultry raising one is an integral part of the rural economy contributing significantly to the national GDP. Department is actively engaged in imparting education and hands on training (HOT) in the field of molecular genetics, quantitative genetics, management and production of various species of livestock especially large and small ruminants, poultry farm management, housing, breeding, feeding and disease control. The department has a close liaison with the Pakistan poultry association and leading poultry and livestock farmers, breeders, poultry and livestock feed mills and hatchery men and has formulated a working group in order to discuss problems faced by poultry and livestock industry. Department includes well equipped laboratories for teaching and research in the fields of animal breeding and genetics, animal product technology and poultry. And the department is connected with the livestock experimental station.
Head of Department (HoD)
Dr. Zulfiqar Hussain kuthu
Ph.D. (UVAS, Lahore, Pakistan)
+92-5824-960000 +92-5824-960064 firstname.lastname@example.org
Credit Hours : 171 Duration : 5 Years Eligibility : Pre Medical 60 % or Equivalence Description :
Full Time Faculty
- Prof. Dr. Muhammad Akhtar Qureshi , Ph.D.
- Dr. Zulfiqar Hussain kuthu , Ph.D.
- Dr. Kashif Awan , M.Sc.(Hons.)
- Dr.Gulzar Ahmad , M.Sc.(Hons.)
- Dr. Qazi Jamil Akbar , M.Sc.(Hons.)
- Dr. Asif Mahmood , M.Sc.(Hons.)
- Dr. Zulfiqar Ahmed , M.Sc.(Hons.)
- Dr.Imran Ahmed Khan , M.Sc.(Hons.)
- Dr.Abdul Jabbar , M.Sc.(Hons.)